Sept. 11, 18, 25 (1-5pm) $120
Learn the art of Bead Embroidery with bead artist Andrea Grzabka. Andrea is an accomplished bead embroidery artist and we are thrilled to have her teaching in our community. Her pieces have won Best in Show in the California State Fair and First Place for seed beading in the International Bead Dreams Competition. The gallery below shows some of her work – a fine example of the skill and expertise she will bring to your own designs.
In this motivating 3 day workshop you will learn to create your own designs using bead embroidery and bead weaving techniques. Andrea will assist you through the design and execution of your piece while you learn the fundamentals of this creative, personalized technique.
Topics covered will include:
- Design and color concepts
- Creating your own style
- “Seed Beadology”- which to use and why
- Steps and stitches of bead embroidery
- Beaded bezel designs
- Embellishing and layering techniques
- Fringing techniques
- How to use peyote stitch, brick stitch and ndebele stitch to build and compliment your bead work
- Clasp design and attachment
- Professional finishing touches
All levels are welcome. Anyone who enjoys working with a needle and thread can do bead embroidery. As you create your own design, you also choose the level of complexity you want to work with.
The cost of the workshop is $120 for all three days. You can reserve your spot by calling, emailing, or stopping in.
Gallery of Work by Andrea Grzabka