Ten Ideas for Beaded Christmas Gifts
- JEWELRY! There are way too many kinds of jewelry to name so we’re listing it as one idea. Whether it’s earrings, a necklace, bracelet, or anklet, jewelry is an affordable and personalized gift that everyone loves!
- BOOKMARKS Our metal bookmarks have a ring at the top where you can attach a dangle of beads that will decorate the spine of the book. You could also make a “book thong” – a thin strand of linen with pretty beads on each side.
- CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS The easiest ornament to make is with a snowflake form. Just put beads on the spokes, bend the ends and you’re done! We also have lots of books that will show you how to make more elaborate designs.
- WINE CHARMS Always handy, wine charms will distinguish one person’s glsas from another. Use ring memory wire with charms and beads to make the perfect set.
- NAPKIN RINGS Bracelet-size memory wire makes a great napkin ring. Keep it simple or make a multiple-ring banded design.
- BEADED WATCH Choose from gold, silver, or copper color watch faces for a great beaded watch/bracelet. Make it elastic or use a clasp.
- ZIPPER PULL or CELL PHONE CHARM It’s almost TOO easy to add beads to zipper pull components! Great for group gifts or door prizes.
- KEYCHAIN Find a special set of beads that your loved one can hold onto throughout the day.
- EYEGLASS CHAIN String up some colorful beads and add eyeglass holders on the ends. Your friend will never lose her glasses again!
- SUNCATCHERS Add some sparkle to someone’s window with a suncatcher crystal on a beaded hanging cord.
from The Bead Scoop Vol. II Issue 4 Dec 2008